So what is this blog?

I've been making historical costumes for just over a decade now, and I've had some kind of web presence on and off over the years. The list includes a long gone public LiveJournal, at least two websites, and a blog I abandoned in grad school. I've decided to take another stab at it, this time with a little something extra. Maybe this one will stick.

Mostly this blog is about what my blogs have always been about - historical costumes. I do, however, have a new love in my life, and sometimes I just can't help but talk about it. That new love is roller derby. The Women's Flat Track Derby Association kind, with real games and real hits. I discovered it two years ago in the midst of grad school madness and I haven't looked back. I'm known in those parts as StitcHer Up, number 36, and I skate fast and hit hard. It's a strange combo of hobbies, and it works really well for me.

Rest assured, though, I'm still a pretty pretty princess and wicked with a needle and thread. 

Me.
Photo Courtesy of Chuck Fong
Also me.

Comments

Popular Posts