Skip to main content



A Love Letter to Roller Derby

"We ruin our bodies to save our souls and for some reason that makes perfect sense."   - Bonnie D. Stroir 

I played roller derby for just over four years.

Like a lot of skaters, I found women's flat track roller derby in a very difficult part of my life. I was coming out of a long period of isolation and depression and finally finding myself after years of floundering. It was the perfect time to try something new, to push myself, and surround myself with some really strong, diverse, and generally amazing people. I trained my body to do things I never thought were possible for me. I made real, lasting friendships. It was the perfect stress outlet for the intense MFA program I was in and my art got better because I was stronger, more connected to my body, and more confident. Roller derby got me through a break up, a master's degree, and moving across the country. Roller derby brought me to my wife.

But in the last year or so, derby hasn't been so kind to me. Shortly…

Latest Posts

Skirt Supports

Pink Stays

Year in Review

Gala Gown - Costume College 2015

The Venetian at Costume College

Costume College Derby Girl